Detroit Lions Pre-Season Game 1 Review

                                              

Detroit Lions just had their first Pre-Season game against the Cincinnati Bengals. The Lions lost 16-14, which is tough, but just remember that in 2008 the Detroit Lions went undefeated in the Pre-Season, but then went 0-16 in the Regular Season. I'll take a Pre-Season Loss any day of the week. There were positives and negatives that happened game one to start the season. 

Starting it off with Joe Burrow being sacked in the first possession is a FANTASTIC start. I love seeing the defense playing aggressive and hopefully play like that for the rest of the season. Personally, I really loved seeing Devin White on the field, I have always been a big fan of how he plays. He's quick, he's aggressive, and he is a veteran linebacker that can help a lot this season. The Lions defense also had a couple of turnovers that shows players have been all over. The only lowlight that has happened was Ennis Rakestraw getting injured, who is a key player at the secondary for this season. It looks like he will be fine, but after last year of half of the defense being injured by the end of the year, hopefully we can have a successful and healthy season on the defensive end. 

The Detroit Lions offense was much different watching last night. No Goff, no Gibbs, no St. Brown. But the Lions still looked pretty good for it to be the backups and also the first game of the season. The starting quarterback was Illinois Alumni Lue Altmyer throwing for 130 yards, 1 Touchdown and 2 Interceptions. The running game was pretty successful combining 129 yards total for the game. One surprised was Isaac TeSlaa dropping a pass… I will give him some slack knowing that his first couple of touchdowns last year were all 1 handed caches and they were in the Regular Season. The only touchdown for the Detroit Lions was a Receiving Touchdown by Tarik Black. I am a big fan of him and hoping he makes the team this year, had a successful career at Michigan and can be a great addition to the Detroit Lions Receiving core. 

Overall, a successful start to the season, I know it is not the starting lineup, but the Detroit Lions always have dogs who are ready to play and fight for a starting spot. 

Next Pre-Season game will be August 22nd against the Washington Commanders. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall things that make me smile :)

Best Sequel Ideas for Disney Movies

Chili's... put some respect on their name