Worst Pain of All Time

​People break bones, people tear ACLs, people pull things, all of it feels like the absolute worst pain. Can’t walk, run, or play anything. I had a pain that I think is worse than all of those combined, the good ole ear infection. 

At 11:30 on a Monday night I wake up to a pounding so loud that I could hear it from all around my other ear. Not knowing what to do, I take some medicine and go to the couch to sit up. I go back to pain and just like that, a burst so big it’s like a volcano shooting in my ear. I wake up with no hearing in my ear, it was brutal, I have said “what” about 100 times in the last week. I have gone to 3 doctors, tried many medicines, and finally I do not have to say “what” hopefully, unless someone is whispering to me far away. 

Through the 8 days, the pounding and aching of my ear, not being able to do anything besides icing and heating my ear I kept thinking to myself, is this the smallest but most painful injury? The body is so crazy thinking of that, so many small parts of the body goes wrong and the pain is unlike any other. A tooth hurts? You cannot do anything besides icing it and collecting your change in the couch to go to the dentist, your throat hurts, and you cannot swallow and it is killing, and now there’s one like this, an ear infection that makes me sit with ice on it and yelling “what” 100 times. 

Day 9 and I finally got what I needed after the 3 doctor appointments, which was completely my fault, I would say 4 doctors because Chat GPT, and I will appreciate the roses more with my hearing. Maybe I’ll go to a concert, maybe I’ll watch a movie, or maybe I’ll watch “This Is Us” to watch the first episode and see if I’ll like it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall things that make me smile :)

Best Sequel Ideas for Disney Movies

Chili's... put some respect on their name