Becoming a Dog Father

​I used to be that friend where the host had to put their dogs away because I would be scared if they attacked me. I was never a dog guy, no matter the size of the dog. Big dogs, small dogs, young dogs, old dogs, was never a fan, didn’t even pet them. As years went on, I at least let the dogs come out of their crates. I pet them and hang out with them and it was all chill, but deep down I kept saying to myself, “I am never going to have a dog, no matter what.” 


Fast forward to now, I’m a Dog Father of 2. And these 2 dogs are the size of Elephants… I moved in with my girlfriend and became the Dog Father they never had. They are both Golden Doodles, a boy and a girl. I did not know what to expect: what can they eat? What do you do with them? What do you do if they are bad? How can you train them? Can they catch a ball?


 I still do not know all of the answer to these questions, but I am still learning. I did not think I was going to have an emotional connection, but that opinion changed very quickly. Taking the dogs out, playing fetch, making sure they eat and go to the bathroom, it is like a full time job. 


I am very close with both dogs, but just like what parents say about their kids, the bond you have with specific ones may be different. 

Me start off with Mav, the big man dog. He is the one I play fetch with. I will play with that dog for HOURS. I’ll throw the football, throw a tennis ball, use a tennis racquet to hit it even further, wherever I put that ball, he will run and get it to return. And the way he runs back with that ball in his mouth, he is always full of smiles. He’s a quiet one, but if something’s going on, he will get loud and dominant when he wants. He’s the type of loyal dog everyone wants to have. 


Then we have Penny, she is a beautiful wildcard. She’s so sweet, so happy and energetic, but if you turn your head, she will be half a mile away and we will have to chase her. She doesn’t play fetch, but she will run in circles or chase any animal she has visual site of. She will make a mistake, but then for the sad eyes knowing she was in the wrong. I am still working on training her, but so far she is learning she is a quick learner. She’s the one to lay next to when watching TV to relax with. 


Justin Bieber was always right I guess, “Never Say Never”. Because I thought I would NEVER own a dog, and here I am, owning 2 dogs, and loving every second of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall things that make me smile :)

Best Sequel Ideas for Disney Movies

Chili's... put some respect on their name